At Betterspace we have a big mission: to help people improve and protect their wellbeing. Through our websites and app—filled with hundreds of resources from gym equipment, to videos to cooking classes and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in the workplace. We work with major companies to have a positive impact on more and more people each and every day. We believe everyone is different and one size does not fit all. That’s why our offering is so diverse and we partner with hundreds of different benefit providers.
We believe we can make a positive impact in millions of people’s lives by promoting good mental and physical health in the workplace. Join us!
What’s different about BetterSpace?
BetterSpace just closed a £2m VC-backed funding round as we move into the scale-up phase and expand our tech team. Since launching in February we’ve won 16 clients, including Accenture and Linklaters, and we are set on becoming the dominant solution for professional services and finance firms.
BetterSpace is different from other wellbeing benefit providers. Our job is to identify the best wellbeing benefits, and make it easy for each employee to find what is right for them. We achieve 90% engagement rates, compared to 5% when employers procure resources directly. We draw on the same efficiencies as other online marketplaces, such as Netflix and Spotify etc.
Data is at the heart of everything we do. By taking a marketplace approach, with usage and wellbeing rating data, we have an opportunity to work out what works for whom. This is a unique dataset and of significant public value. We use it to make suggestions to employees, and over time we want to use it to create a shareable Universal Evidencing System.
This is revolutionary change. Can you see yourself at the forefront of it?
What is different about how we work?
One of our employees recently described working at BetterSpace as being like having therapy. We work hard to create a psychologically safe environment where people can bring their whole selves to work, and we celebrate teamwork and diversity. All employees have four hours a week and £50 a month on the BetterSpace platform to invest in their wellbeing.
What outcomes are we looking for from this role?
- Product roadmap and strategy: develop the product roadmap to enable business success – a B2B2C product strategy to drive business outcomes, understanding both employer needs as well as adoption by the employees
- Effective cross-functional collaboration: you’ll work closely with the different stakeholders in Engineering, Design, Strategy, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing to deliver business outcomes.
- Product features design: you’ll leverage your user research and data exploration as inputs resulting in creative product solutions with a data driven approach – leverage data to improve product flows and propose high-impact opportunities
- Project management: manage a backlog, ensure seamless project execution and document learnings
What skills does this role require?
- You have 5+ years of product leadership experience launching new products, analyzing results, and iterating for an established brand or fast growing startup
- You understand the levers that drive the business and you use them to inform your product priorities
- Strategic thinker with the ability to prioritize projects from multiple stakeholders in an effective way
- Data-driven and results-oriented approach to product
- Ability to define new product initiatives based on an understanding of customer and stakeholder pain points
- Technically conversant and comfortable driving features with technical requirements
- Effective communicator that conveys key information across different stakeholders
- Highly collaborative cross-functionally and comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- You will live our mission by building a passionate, humble, and collaborative environment on your team.
- B2B2C experience: You have built products for businesses and end users.
- Startup experience: You have founded or worked at a fast-growing startup
What We Offer
- A Nest Pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Homeworking kit, and a MacBook
- Personal and professional development
Things that make us different
- Flexibility about where you work, including outside the UK
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Up to 4 hours wellbeing time per week to use how you wish
- A BetterSpace account with £50 monthly wellbeing budget
What do people enjoy about working here?
Some Things That Our People Have Said Over The Past Year Or So
We’re proud of our 5/5 Glassdoor score.
- The daily team meetings are really helpful for keeping us connected and supporting each other. I always feel like I know what’s going on
- My opinions/ideas/expertise are listened to and I feel like I have a larger contribution to the company/product as a whole (in comparison to working in a larger company – little cog/big cog)
- The support and flexibility provided at times of personal difficulty or stress
- Trust and responsibility is big too, which I also think we do well. Knowing that even as the “newbie” in the first few months of my career that my opinions will be heard and actually make a difference and that management and colleagues trust each other to do their jobs in their own way.
Are you considering applying to our Senior Product Manager role?
We’re a diverse group that truly understands that one size doesn’t fit all, whether that’s in our product design or how we work. We celebrate different experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and everything! We recruit to our values, not a checklist that just allows the usual suspects to pass through. If you think this could be a place you can thrive, but there’s a reason you’re telling yourself your face won’t fit, put that aside and get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
How to apply?
Let us know why you’re interested in the role and a brief initial response to the outcomes we are looking for. We’ll be asking shortlisted candidates to answer skills based questions – it won’t matter where you learned those skills, we’re interested in how you apply them.
Close date: 15th of January